The project is migrated from https://code.google.com/p/fwprofile/.
C Implementation of an unambiguous definition of State Machines and Activity Diagrams for Safety-Critical, Real-Time and Embedded Applications.
Its main features are:
- Well-Defined Semantics: clearly and unambiguously defined behaviour.
- Minimal Memory Requirements: core module footprint of a few kBytes.
- Small CPU Demands: one single level of indirection (due to actions and guards being implemented as function pointers).
- Excellent Scalability: memory footprint and CPU demands are independent of number and size of state machine and procedure instances.
- High Reliability: test suite with 100% code, branch, and condition coverage (excluding error branches for system calls).
- Formal Specification: user requirements formally specify the implementation.
- Requirement Traceability: all requirements are individually traced to their implementation and to verification evidence.
- Documented Code: doxygen documentation for all the source code.
- Demo Application: complete application demonstrating capabilities and mode of use.
- Support for Extensibility: an inheritance-like mechanism is provided through which a derived state machine or a derived procedure is created from a base state machine or base procedure by overriding some of its actions or guards.
- Processor Architecture Independence: independent of processor architecture, suitable for 8, 16, 32, 64-bit systems.
- Simple programming interface: allowing fast manual definition of state machines or activity diagrams directly at the C code level, or development of a code generator for a UML modeling tool.
Web-Based Modeling Tool and Code Generator
The FW Profile Editor is available as a web-based tool to help design FW Profile state machines and procedures and to automate the generation of the C-code which configures them. The tool can be accessed from here.
The FW Profile Editor is also available for local installations at customer sites. Please contact the developers at this e-mail address.
A collection of examples is published by GitBook, get the online access here.
- Version 1.3.0, LGPLv3
The owner of the project is P&P Software GmbH.
Free use of this software is granted under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL) v3, see LICENSE.