Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
POA Network on MetaMask
Install MetaMask plugin for Google Chrome
Install the MetaMask plugin from Google Chrome Store
Note that this plugin is currently available only for Google Chrome v59.0.3071.115 or later.
MetaMask is also available on Mozilla Firefox
Install the MetaMask plugin from the Firefox Add-on Explorer
Note that this plugin is currently available only for Mozilla Firefox v42.0 or later.
Connect to the POA Network
Click on the Network name next to the head of the fox in the upper left corner and select "Custom RPC" from the dropdown list
Enter the one of the RPC connection urls (however, if master of the ceremony explicitly provided you with another connection url you should use it).
- POA Core Network:
- POA Sokol Network:
Note: url on the screenshot below is just an example
- Wait a little bit, the network name in the left upper corner should change to "Private Network"
Importing of keys
- Click on the account icon in the right upper corner, and then on "Import account"
- In "Select Type" dropdown choose "JSON file" option. Then click on "Select file" and browse your filesystem to locate the keyfile. Enter password for the keyfile and click "Import".
Note: name of the file on the screenshot below is just an example, it will be different in your case
- Click on the account icon in the right upper corner again and select the newly created account (usually the newest one is the lowest one in that list, however you should check the address
0x...field below account name).
- Google Chrome v 59.0.3071.115+