This extension improves the threaded summary for emails in Thunderbird 3.0. It vastly improves the UI by including some ideas from GMail. More specifically:
- your own messages are displayed in the thread,
- you initially see summaries, they can be expanded to display full messages,
- quoted sections are collapsed à la GMail,
- fast links for replying (and possibly other useful actions),
- you can reply inline (through a "quick reply" feature),
- integration with Thunderbird Contacts.
For screenshots and a stable version, please head to AMO which should provide you with a ready-to-install package.
If you want to leave some feedback, we have a thread on Google Groups.
If you just want to start hacking, see
to learn how to use a proxy file. If you want to package a release,
will package a .xpi file.
./package.sh is for my personal use.
This repo contains a git submodule. To make sure you've checked out all the files, make sure you run:
git submodule init git submodule update
before you start hacking.
You also need to have your source folder named email@example.com ; this is a temporary hack that will go away once we stop supporting Thunderbird 3.3.