fwabc is an R package to read subsets of data from various layers in
the BC Freshwater Atlas.
There are three main motivations to developing this package:
- Some of the layers are huge and difficult to work with in their entirety in memory.
- It is tedious to subset features by common names (e.g. “Porcher Island”, “Kaslo River”).
- It is not immediately obvious how to get all tributaries of a particular feature in the network.
We provide solutions by:
- Subsetting data with SQL queries before reading into memory.
- Translating between various coding systems (e.g. GNIS_NAME and BLUE_LINE_KEY).
- Parsing FWA_WATERSHED_CODES to determine tributaries.
To install the latest development version from GitHub
To install the latest development version from the Poisson drat repository
install.packages("drat") drat::addRepo("poissonconsulting") install.packages("fwabc")
Please report any issues.
Pull requests are always welcome.
Please note that this project is released with a Contributor Code of Conduct. By participating in this project you agree to abide by its terms