Clone this wiki locally
Public test server available at 184.108.40.206. This server is being actively developed, so it may go down or be restarted at times.
Be sure to delete your WFC profile or save file before connecting to the server or else it will give you an error when you connect. For DS, an Action Replay DS(i), flashcard or emulator is required. For Wii/Wii U, your console must be able to run homebrew.
If you have any issues connecting to the server and get an error code, take a look at the Troubleshooting page to see what they mean.
Nintendo DS/DSi/3DS/2DS Configuration
- Make sure you are using the right Action Replay DS(i) code (see below) or you have patched your ROM with the WfcPatcher (see below).
- Go to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection Setup. Do not use the System Settings but start up an online-enabled game.
- Choose "Options".
- Choose "Erase Nintendo WFC Configuration". (See picture 1.) This will allow you to make a new Friend Code on the new server for all games. This only has to be done once per console, not per game.
- Set up a new wireless access point connection.
- Set "Auto-obtain DNS" to "No" and insert 220.127.116.11 into both Primary DNS and Secondary DNS. Leave "Auto-obtain IP" on "Yes". (See picture 2.)
- Save your settings and exit the menu.
Action Replay DS(i)
Action Replay DS(i) codes are the most 'legal' method to bypass server verification. These will allow retail cards to connect to the new server. You will need an Action Replay DS(i) or flashcard to use these. For now, you will also need the ROM of the game you want to use. Note that some games are incompatible and require a different patching method to be used.
- Download Prof. 9's WfcReplay v0.7 (requires .NET 4.0): https://github.com/Prof9/wfcreplay/releases
- Drag and drop the ROM file onto WfcReplay.exe.
- Use the code from the text file that was created in the same folder as the ROM.
If you can't or don't want to use Action Replay cheats, you can patch your game directly.
- Download the most recent version of WfcPatcher: https://github.com/AdmiralCurtiss/WfcPatcher/releases
- Drag and drop the ROM file(s) onto WfcPatcher.exe.
- Use ROM file that now has (AltWfc) at the end of its filename.
Nintendo Wii/Wii U Configuration
NOTE: You must have a homebrew-capable Wii/Wii U to use the custom server; i.e., the Homebrew Channel must be installed (note that this voids your warranty). You must also delete any previous saves you have in a game. Ways around this might be possible in the future, so please make a full backup of your save data before deleting it if possible.
- Go to the Wii/Wii U Internet settings and choose the connection you're using.
- Set "Auto-obtain DNS" to "No".
- Insert 18.104.22.168 into Primary DNS and Secondary DNS.
- Save Settings and perform a connection test. It should succeed. On the Wii U, you can choose "End" to skip the connection test.
- Install brainslug to your SD card. Just extract it to the root folder of the SD card. (It doesn't seem to work from a USB drive.)
- Start Brainslug in the Homebrew Channel and insert the game you want to play.
USB Loader GX has a build in fix for the use of servers like wiimmfi, but is disabled by default so you will have to enable it. Or you can use the Ocarina code instead (since Brainslug is for disks only) (thanks to FIX94 on GBAtemp for making this code): Ocarina Code | Source
If you have questions or can't get a game working, you can join us in #altwfc on Rizon