Pantone Color Of The Day
** paused **
The purpose of this project is to create an archive of all of Pantone's "Color of the Day" colors
Pantone site: https://www.pantone.com/color-intelligence/color-education/colorstrology
My archive: https://polk54.github.io/Pantone_ColorOfTheDay/
FILES: The DailyScraper_BS_update.py has a function that does the following:
- Scrapes the Color of the Day website to get the Color name, Pantone ID, Hex code, and 3 describing words.
- Appends this info to Colors.csv
- Uses that info to write a new html div section and add it to index.html (This feature was added 2/4/18, so any html text previous to that date might be formatted a bit different)
The pushHTML.py has a function that does the following:
- Pushes the updated index.html and Colors.csv to this repository
The DailyRun.py file imports the previous 2 files/functions and runs them.
AUTOMATION: Using Apple's Automator, I created a "Run Shell Script" bin/bash command (pass input: to stdin)
- cd /Users/parulagarwal/Documents/Code/GitHub/Pantone_ColorOfTheDay
- /Users/parulagarwal/anaconda3/bin/python DailyRun.py
The second line specifies the proper installation of Python. This is to make sure you can use all your installed packages (previously running into an issue with "bs4").
Finally, I created an recurring Apple calendar event where the alert opened the Automator file.