The Official Poll Everywhere API Gem
The Poll Everywhere gem is the best way to integrate Poll Everywhere with your applications.
Install the Poll Everywhere rubygem:
$ sudo gem install polleverywhere
If you're using bundler, add the following line to your Gemfile:
Accessing your polls
require 'polleverywhere' # Specify your username and password here PollEverywhere.config do username "my_username" password "my_password" end # Create a multiple choice poll mcp = PollEverywhere::MultipleChoicePoll.new mcp.title = 'Do you love numbers?' mcp.options = %w[1 2 3] mcp.save # Create a free text poll ftp = PollEverywhere::FreeTextPoll.new ftp.title = 'What is your favorite thing about vacation?' ftp.save # Now start playing! Get a list of your polls polls = PollEverywhere::Poll.all # ... or grab a specific poll mcp2 = PollEverywhere::MultipleChoicePoll.get(':permalink')
You can do all sorts of fun stuff with polls!
- API Documentation - https://api.polleverywhere.com
- RDocs - http://rubydoc.info/gems/polleverywhere/frames
- Mailing list - http://groups.google.com/group/polleverywhere-dev
- Professional Support - http://www.polleverywhere.com/professional-support
- API & RubyGem Roadmap - https://github.com/polleverywhere/rubygem/issues/milestones
Goals & Roadmap
In the future, you can expect:
- API models and documentation for areas of Poll Everywhere
- Process errors triggered by the server
- Perform client-side validations
- Asyn/Evented HTTP adapter
- App-layer specs
- Protocol/API-layer specs
Professional Development & Support
If you'd like for us to implement part of Poll Everywhere as a documented API or RubyGem and you don't see it on here, please engage our professional support services at https://www.polleverywhere.com/onsite-and-dedicated-support#custom_solutions.