Release Date: 2011-12-12
This library is deprecated; you should use the newer Pololu L3G library instead, which also supports the L3GD20.
Download the archive from GitHub, decompress it, and drag the “L3G4200D” folder to your arduino-00xx/libraries directory. Then restart the Arduino environment, so the libraries can be updated to include the L3G4200D library and its examples.
The board for the L3G4200D can be purchased on Pololu’s website.
Make the following connections with wires between the Arduino and the L3G4200D:
Arduino Uno/Duemilanove L3G4200D Carrier 5V -> VIN GND -> GND Analog Pin 5 -> SCL Analog Pin 4 -> SDA
Arduino Mega L3G4200D Carrier 5V -> VIN GND -> GND Digital Pin 21 -> SCL Digital Pin 20 -> SDA
Open an example code sketch by selecting File→Examples→L3G4200D→example_name
This program continuously reads the gyro, communicating the readings over the serial interface. You can display the readings with the Arduino Serial Monitor.
G X: 188 Y: -10 Z: -47 G X: 138 Y: -40 Z: -26 G X: 110 Y: -55 Z: 4
- The last values read from the gyro.
- Turns on the gyro in the default configuration.
void writeReg(byte reg, byte value)
- Writes a gyro register with the given value. Register address constants are defined in L3G4200D.h.
byte readReg(byte reg)
- Reads a gyro register and returns the value read.
- Takes a reading from the gyro and stores the values in the vector
- 1.1.0 (2011-12-12): Arduino 1.0 compatibility.
- 1.0.0 (2011-09-14): Original release.