Pololu USB Bootloader Utility (p-load)
Release date: 2018-05-02
The Pololu USB Bootloader Utility is a command-line program that allows you to read and write from the memories of certain Pololu products over USB using their USB bootloaders.
This utility currently supports the following products:
- P-Star 25K50 Micro
- P-Star 45K50 Mini
- Pololu USB AVR Programmer v2
- Pololu USB AVR Programmer v2.1
- Tic T825 Stepper Motor Controller
- Tic T834 Stepper Motor Controller
- Tic T500 Stepper Motor Controller
- Jrk G2 18v19
- Jrk G2 24v13
- Jrk G2 18v27
- Jrk G2 24v21
To get a help screen showing the available command-line arguments,
p-load --help at a command prompt.
Installers for Windows, Linx, and Mac OS X are available for download from the Pololu P-Star User's Guide:
For bootloaders that support reading and writing from EEPROM, this utility can read and write HEX files that contains data for both flash and EEPROM. The EEPROM data should be placed in the HEX file starting at address 0xF00000 (so 0xF00000 corresponds to the first byte of EEPROM).
- 2.4.0 (2018-05-02):
- Added support for the Pololu USB AVR Programmer v2.1, the Tic T500, and the first four Jrk G2 products.
- 2.3.1 (2017-12-17):
- Fixed a bug that prevented p-load from reading HEX files with Windows line endings on Linux or macOS.
- Fixed some issues with the console output.
- 2.3.0 (2017-11-10):
- Added support for the P-Star 45K50 Bootloader.
- 2.2.0 (2017-11-02):
- Added support for the Tic T834 Stepper Motor Controller.
- Fixed some minor bugs.
- 2.1.0 (2017-07-13): Added support for the Tic T825 Stepper Motor Controller.
- 2.0.1 (2016-05-05): Fixed a problem with the Mac OS X release that prevented it from finding libusbp at run-time.
- 2.0.0 (2016-03-21):
- Added support for the Pololu USB AVR Programmer v2.
- Changed the included Windows driver so that devices show up in the "Universal Serial Bus devices" category instead of "Pololu USB Devices."
- New library dependencies: libusbp-1 and libtinyxml2.
- Mac OS X versions older than 10.11 are no longer supported, because libusbp-1 does not support them.
- Added support for Pololu Firmware Image Archive Files (FMI files).
- Added commas to the output of
--listto make it easier to parse.
--pause-on-erroroptions, which makes it easier to use p-load inside a temporary window.
- Output files are now only opened after all the data to be written is available.
- Output files can now be written to the standard output.
- Input files can now be read from the standard input.
- Switched from C to C++ and rewrote most of the code.
- Dropped support for autotools and Visual Studio in favor CMake, MSYS2, and mingw-w64.
- 1.0.0 (2014-08-15): Original release with support for the P-Star 25K50 Micro.