US Foreign Aid over time
This is a simple project I made to learn D3.js, a visualization and graphing library designed for interactive graphs.
- Left click and drag map to move, control-click and drag to zoom
- Hover over countries to see name and aid for that year, click for detailed stats
- Hover over bar graphs to see aid for that year, click to switch years
- The slider controls the displayed year as well
- Greenbook data came from USAID.
- "Inflation-adjusted dollars" were calculated using historical Consumer Price Indicies (CPI), available from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- The USAID adjusts for inflation with "GDP Chain Price Index", but I didn't notice that until I had finished implementing the CPI.