Dev repository for https://Pomax.github.io/bezierinfo
Working on the code
- To compile changes:
- To run this dev version, run
npm test, which will run a webserver and open http://localhost:8080 in your default browser.
- Dev repository: https://github.com/Pomax/BezierInfo-2
- Dev preview: https://Pomax.github.io/BezierInfo-2
- XeLaTeX (available through TeXLive on unix/linux/OSX and MiKTeX on Windows)
- pdfcrop (available through TeXLive on unix/linux/OSX and MiKTeX on Windows)
Fonts required for proper LaTeX typesetting
All fonts come with TeXLive and MiKTeX, and should be easy to install. Note that you will need the modern OpenType (otf/ttf) fonts, not the obsolete type1 fonts.
- en-GB fonts: TeX Gyre Pagella from the
- ja-JP font: IPAex Mincho from the
- zh-CN font: Arhpic gbsn from the
- maths fonts: TeX Gyre Pagella Math fonts from the
Running a build
As mentioned up top, run a build using
If you have all the prerequisites installed, this should "just work", although I can't make any guarantees on how long it will take: on my rather beefy workstation it takes around 85 seconds to run a build for all locales (
ja-JP) when there are no new SVG images to generate.
Main site location
Interested in (helping with) localizing the Primer to your own language? That's awesome! Please read the instructions on how to start localizing and please file issues if anything is unclear.
Interested in the actual architecture and tech stack? Read the blog post on how Webpack's sync processing and MathJAx's async processing were made to work together:
And read about the tech choices made to enable localization in:
Finally, a fair number of people have helped by filing PRs for fixes for typos small and large over the years, all of whom are listed on the contributors page for this project. And a special thanks goes out to Simon Cozens who went through the entire book to fix typos and phrasing.