A GUI for Django ORM. Build custom queries and display results. Targets sys admins and capable end users who might not be able to program or gain direct interactive shell access.
Just pushed 2.0 changes to master and pypi. Code has been refactored. Report any bugs :)
- Changing the base templates slightly (could cause you trouble if customized)
- Factoring out functions to django-report-utils
- Added experimental support for asynchronous report generation
The common functions will used in:
- django-scaffold-report - a tool to streamline complex customized reports
- django-admin-export - a super old tool I made that sucks and will be remade!
What is Django Report Builder?
- Add filters
- Add display fields
- Preview and create xlsx reports
- Very simple security, user must have change or "view" permission to view reports. Unprivileged users can still build reports and see database schema.
- Model properties (thanks yekibud)
- Support for django-custom-fields
- Export to Report global admin action
- Optional asynchronous report generation
- "or" filters together
- More exports, views
- Decent form validation
Let us know your thoughts at https://google.com/+Burkesoftware or consider sending some pull requests our way!