Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
PuffinPlot 1.03 release notes
- Virtual geomagnetic pole calculation.
- Fisher-by-site calculations can be done on continuous data sets.
- Fisher analysis of demagnetization steps.
- PCA and GC fits can be cleared individually.
- R added to the available Fisher statistical parameters.
- Horizontal projection in Zplot supports west-upward orientation.
- Data points can be labelled with treatment step.
- Equal-area plots can be labelled to avoid confusion.
- Site equal-area plots now distinguish PCAs, demag steps, GC poles,
and site means.
- Current site and sample are highlighted in the relevant data tables
- Sample directions can be annotated with their names in the site
- a95 added to site parameter table.
- More compact default plot layout.
- Treatment steps can be labelled with the treatment level.
- Added suite parameter table for mean directions and VGPs.
- Site alpha-95s can be shown in the suite equal-area plot.
- Selectable units for custom data import.
- More variants of the AGICO AMS file can now be imported.
- Direct import of sample directions.
- IAPD file import.
- Caltech file import.
- Better guessing of measurement type in 2G files.
- Site location data import (for use with VGP calculation).
- More palaeomagnetic data can now be appended to an existing suite.
- n and a95 are listed in sample parameter file.
- Great circle strikes and dips are included in exported data.
- Exporting FreeHEP SVG graphics no longer disables anti-aliasing.
- PuffinPlot no longer crashes if an incorrect 2G protocol is
- PuffinPlot will not save its own file over the original data file.
- Cleared PCA directions no longer reappear.
- Fixed potential crash during suite parameter export.
- Measurement types now checked for consistency when opening a file.
- All new features are fully documented in the updated user manual
Miscellaneous new features
- Site calculations automatically update when sample calculations
- Site directions cleared automatically when all their sample
directions are cleared.
- Warning when closing a file or quitting with unsaved data
- Clearer error messages and warnings when reading corrupted files
- Treatment type can be set manually
- Site definitions can be cleared
- Treatment steps can be deselected by dragging a box.
- PuffinPlot will ask for confirmation before overwriting files.
- Native file open dialog is now used on Mac OS X.
- Added "invert sample moment" feature.
- "Open file" dialogs now remember the last used folder.
- Sample volume can be edited.
- PuffinPlot now requires Java 7 or higher.
- PuffinPlot is now hosted on BitBucket, due to the imminent demise of
Final tweaks for 0.95 release. A couple more corrections in the manual, and minor changes to the build file (executable jar file and correct upload path).