Pony is an open-source, object-oriented, actor-model, capabilities-secure, high-performance programming language.
Pony is still pre-1.0 and as such, semi-regularly introduces breaking changes. These changes are usually fairly easy to adapt to. Applications written in Pony are currently used in production environments.
Building from source
- Learn more about Pony
- Start learning Pony
- Try Pony online
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Windows 10
- Full support for 64-bit platforms
- x86 and ARM CPUs only
- Partial support for 32-bit platforms
armhfarchitectures are tested via CI (Continuous Integration testing)
- Sublime Text: Pony Language
- Atom: language-pony
- Visual Studio: VS-pony
- Visual Studio Code: vscode-pony
- BBEdit: bbedit-pony
- Micro: micro-pony-plugin
- Nano: pony.nanorc file
- Kate: update syntax definition file: Settings -> Configure Kate -> Open/Save -> Modes & Filetypes -> Download Highlighting Files
- CudaText: lexer in Addon Manager
We welcome contributions to Pony. Please read through CONTRIBUTING.md for details on how to get started.