Sessions, Express, SocketIO, Redis
SESIOR is an AngularJS/NodeJS demo app which examplifies how sessions can be shared between NodeJS Express (v4.8.x) framework and Socket.IO (v1.0.x) using Redis for session storage.
Here is a blog post which explains how SESIOR works.
- Install Git Bash (Windows users only)
- Install NodeJS
- Run InstallNpmDependencies.sh located in the root directory of the project
- this will install all the needed npm and bower dependencies for both SESIOR.Node and SESIOR.SPA
- Install Redis (for Windows users)
- Setup SESIOR.Node/config.js if needed
Running the application
- Start redis-server (for Windows users redis-X.Y/bin/release/redis-server.exe from the downloaded zip)
- Run RunNode.sh to start the SESIOR.Node portion of the application (uses Nodemon)
- Run RunSPA.sh to start the SESIOR.SPA portion of the application
- If you're running Windows, you can add SESIOR.SPA/app to IIS and run it that way
- make sure to set your SESIOR.SPA hostname in SESIOR.Node/config.js as allowed CORS origins
- If you're running *NIX, read this
Older Express/SocketIO version branches
Deleting node_modules directory on Windows
Not all files from node_modules in SESIOR.SPA can be deleted normally because their filenames are too long, so use ClearSpaNodeModules.bat from the project root directory to do that
Made at: Mono Software Ltd.