What is Booksonic?
Booksonic is a platform for accessing the audibooks you own wherever you are. At the moment the platform consists of
- Booksonic Air - A server for streaming your audiobooks, successor to the original Booksonic server. Based on Airsonic.
- Booksonic App - An android app for connection to Booksonic servers. Available on Google Play. Based on DSub
- Booksonic Bridge - This is an upcoming serverside software that will allow you to use third party servers like Plex, Emby, Youtube etc. It is currently in closed beta and no timeframe is given.
- Booksonic ODM2Meta - A script for quickly converting your ODM files to metadata that can be used by Booksonic. In the future this will not be needed as Booksonic will soon support ODM files natively.
- Bulk convert UTF8 - A script for bulk conversion of meta files to UTF-8
- Booksonic Library Editor - A third party Library editor
While there is no iOS app available (yet) Booksonic fully supports the Subsonic API so you will be able to use it with any app that supports that, you will miss out on some Booksonic specific features but you will be able to listen without problem.
More information about the project can be found at booksonic.org
What is Booksonic App?
First of all, credit where credit is due, the Booksonic App is not built from scratch, instead it is building on top of the amazing work done by Scott Jackson over at DSub .
Now then, the Booksonic App is the best way to use Booksonic. It connects to one or more Booksonic servers or even any other server compatible with the Subsonic api.
Some notable features are:
- Supports multiple servers
- Offline support
- Variable playback speed
- Sleep timer with shake to reset functionality
- and much more
Booksonic App is free software and licensed under the GNU General Public License version 3.
All Booksonic downloads can be found at https://booksonic.org/download
All pull requests are welcome to any of the Booksonic projects
If you have any questions or ideas, come visit us at /r/booksonic over on Reddit