Charities accepting Ethereum
Projects addressing life and death problems are preferred (no software, art, info leaks donations, etc).
Links to pages with an ethereum address to donate:
Hunger and poverty:
- GiveDirectly - Grants to the world’s “extreme poor” (Vitalik Buterin and OmiseGo founder, Jun Hasegawa already donated).
- Unsung - Sponsor a meal to those in hunger in US, Powered by Bitcoin (501c3 non-profit).
- Heifer International - Help communities become the drivers of their own change to end hunger and poverty in Africa, Asia, Americas.
- GRACEaid - Donations for refugees and destitute families both within UK and internationally.
- GiveCrypto.org - GiveCrypto is a nonprofit that distributes cryptocurrency to people living in poverty.
- Breast Cancer Support - Breast cancer support project in UK.
- SENS Research Foundation - Fights the diseases of aging (Vitalik donated here, 501c3 non-profit).
- The Lake Clinic Cambodia - Provide isolated villagers with competent and consistent health care.
- UNICEF (New Zealand) - Protect and support children around the world.
- UNICEF to Syrian children - Donate to Syrian children with UNICEF (see under "Mining" tab). Mining in browser is also available.
- The Water Project - Provide access to clean water across sub-Saharan Africa (501c3 non-profit).
- Hippo Roller - Devices to easily collect water in tough rural conditions. Help somebody get one.
- 350.org - Building the global grassroots climate movement.
- Giveth.io - An open-source platform for building decentralized altruistic communities. Donate to campaigns and developement, see the progress, help make decisions, create your own campaigns (as of May 2018 is the most actively developed project).
- Alice.si - Similar as the above, but with a different governance system. Donate to developement here.
- BanQu - Economic Identity solutions for the poorest and refugees worldwide. Supply chain transparency, traceability, sustainability.
- Urban Array - Not a charity, but gives regular people the ability to organize, collaborate and rebuild communities.
- FeelGood - Blockchain-based blood donation system (EthDenver hackathon project 2018).
- Charitychain - Set a donation goal for an NGO, pay half and raise the other half yourself from friends and family (no news since Jun 14, 2017).
- Hypergive - Secure digital food wallets for homeless or hungry people in your community (no news since September 12, 2017).
- Gracetoken - Ethereum-based donation platform (shut down since Jan 7, 2018).
- Charity DAO - Vote for the projects you would like to see funded and keep track of expenses (no news since 18 Nov 2016).
- Benefactory - Create a grassroots sector of economy where influence flows from the bottom up (no news since Nov 22, 2016).