Welcome to Acrylamid
- don't try the master branch unless you are very sure about the not yet documented changes.
- PyPi releases (0.7.x) do not work with Python 3.3+ due dependency pinning. The upcoming 0.8 release will drop support for 3.2, but fully supports 3.3 and higher.
- yes, the name will change (still searching for a good name) and a transition from "static blog generator" to "static site generator" is already on my todo list.
- it is really fast due incremental builds
- support for Jinja2 and Mako templates
- many Markdown_ extensions and custom reStructuredText_ directives
- MathML enhanced typography and hyphenation using soft-hyphens
Oh, and it can also generate a static blog with articles, static pages, tags, RSS/Atom feeds (also per tag), article listing and a sitemap.
Why the name “Acrylamid”?
I'm studying bioinformatics and I was experimenting with Acrylamide at this time. I'm really bad at naming. If you have a better name, please tell me! Two requirements: reasonably speakable and tab-completion after 3 characters.
With Acrylamid you can write your weblog entries with your editor of choice in Markdown, reStructuredText or textile. With several content filters you can pimp your HTML (typography, math, hyphenation). Acrylamid provides a very sophisticated CLI and integrates perfectly with any DVCes. It generates completely static HTML you can host everywhere.
supported markup languages
- Markdown and additional extensions (support for MathML_, deletion/insertion, sub- and supscript, syntax highlighting …)
- reStructuredText with directives for syntax highlighting and youtube video embedding
- textile, discount, all dialects supported by pandoc and plain HTML
You miss one? Extend Acrylamid in less than 30 LoC_!
- support for Jinja2 and Mako directly in postings (before they get processed)
- typography (and smartypants)
- TeX hyphenation
- summarize ability
- acronym detection that automatically replace acronyms and abbreviations
- liquid plugins ported from Octopress
- you like the YAML front matter from Jekyll or nanoc? First choice in Acrylamid!
- coming from Pelican_? Acrylamid has also support for metadata in the native format of Markdown, reStructuredText and even Pandoc.
- support for translations (oh, and did I mention the language dependend hyphenation feature?).
- a few HTML5 themes, see Theming
- internal webserver with automatic compiling when something has changed.
- assets management, including LESS and SASS conversion.
- uni-directional PingBack support.
- static site search.
easy_install -U acrylamid
This installs Acrylamid with Jinja2_ as templating engine. For Mako use:
easy_install -U acrylamid[mako]
This installs two additional but not required dependencies:
translitcodec. To get a list of all supported modules, head over to additional supported modules.
If you rather use non-ascii characters, you're better off with:
easy_install -U acrylamid python-magic unidecode
Initialize the base structure, edit conf.py and layouts/ and compile with:
$ acrylamid init myblog # --mako, defaults to --jinja2 create myblog/conf.py ... $ cd myblog/ $ acrylamid compile && acrylamid view create [0.05s] output/articles/index.html create [0.37s] output/2012/die-verwandlung/index.html create [0.00s] output/index.html create [0.00s] output/tag/die-verwandlung/index.html create [0.00s] output/tag/franz-kafka/index.html create [0.03s] output/atom/index.html create [0.04s] output/rss/index.html create [0.00s] output/sitemap.xml create output/style.css 9 new, 0 updated, 0 skipped [0.72s] * Running on http://127.0.0.1:8000/
Real World Examples?
Christoph Polcin – Christoph Polcin [source http://git.christoph-polcin.com/blog/, theme http://git.christoph-polcin.com/acrylamid-theme-bipolar/]
See commands for a detailed overview.
$ acrylamid --help usage: acrylamid [-h] [-v] [-q] [-C] [--version] ... positional arguments: init initializes base structure in DIR compile compile blog view fire up built-in webserver autocompile automatic compilation and serving new create a new entry check run W3C or validate links deploy run task import import content from URL or FILE info short summary ping notify ressources optional arguments: -h, --help show this help message and exit -v, --verbose more verbose -q, --quiet less verbose -C, --no-color disable color --version show program's version number and exit
#acrylamid on Freenode! If you found a bug, please report it on
GitHub Issues. The project has also a mailing list [Archive_], just send
an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and you have subscribed.