Welcome to Acrylamid's Documentation!
Acrylamid is yet another lightweight static blogging software written in python and designed to get a high quality output. Its licensed under BSD Style, 2 clauses.
- blog articles, simple pages, tags RSS/Atom feeds and an article overview
- theming support (using jinja2) and support for jinja2 directly in postings
- Markdown, reStructuredText and pandoc
- MathML, modern web-typography and hyphenation using ­
- RSS/Atom import, deployment and a very handy CLI
- it's very flexible and fast
easy_install -U acrylamid
jinja2 and either
markdown (default) or
asciimathml for colored code listings
respectively MathML. Typography requires
smartypants. To get a
full-featured installation do:
pip install docutils pygments asciimathml smartypants
If you are interested in recent changes, try the master version:
pip install -e git+git://github.com/posativ/acrylamid.git#egg=acrylamid
Get acrylamid, edit conf.py and layouts/ and run acrylamid with:
$> acrylamid init myblog create myblog/conf.py ... $> cd myblog/ $> acrylamid compile && acrylamid view warn using mtime from <fileentry f'content/sample entry.txt'> create '/articles/index.html', written to output/articles/index.html create 'Die Verwandlung', written to output/2011/die-verwandlung/index.html create '/atom/index.html', written to output/atom/index.html create '/rss/index.html', written to output/rss/index.html create '/', written to output/index.html * Running on http://127.0.0.1:8000/
Real World Example?
I have released all sources from my personal blog: posativ/blog.posativ.org/. Take a look at my conf.py for some inspiration.
See docs/filters.rst for detailed information. Currently supported by acrylamid:
- Markdown: rendering Markdown (+asciimathml,pygments,built-in extensions)
- reST: reStructuredText (+pygments)
- pandoc: Pandoc (+Markdown,textitle,rst,...)
- HTML: don't render with Markdown, reStructuredText or Pandoc (it's a conflicting filter)
- typography: https://code.google.com/p/typogrify/ (and custom modifications)
- hyphenation: hyphenate words (len > 10) based on language
- summarize: summarizes posts to 200 words
- head_offset: decrease headings by offset
- jinja2: write jinja2 in your entries (you can also execute system calls therewith)
- acronyms: automatically replace acronyms and abbreviations to help unexperienced users
See commands for a detailed overview.
%> acrylamid --help Usage: acrylamid <subcommand> [options] [args] Options: -q, --quiet less verbose -v, --verbose more verbose -h, --help show this help message and exit --version print version details Commands: init initializes base structure in DIR create (new) creates a new entry compile (co) compile blog view fire up built-in webserver autocompile automatic compilation and serving (short aco) clean (rm) remove abandoned files import import content from URL deploy run a given TASK All subcommands except `init` require a conf.py file.