Welcome to Acrylamid
- it is fast due incremental builds
- support for Jinja2 and Mako templates
- many Markdown extensions and custom reStructuredText directives
- MathML, enhanced typography and hyphenation using soft-hyphens
Oh, and it can also generate a static blog with articles, static pages, tags, RSS/Atom feeds (also per tag) and an article overview.
supported markup languages
- Markdown and additional extensions (support for MathML, deletion/insertion, sub- and supscript, syntax highlighting …)
- reStructuredText with directives for syntax highlighting and youtube video embedding
- textile, discount, all dialects supported by pandoc and plain HTML
You miss one? Extend Acrylamid in less than 30 LoC!
- support for Jinja2 and Mako directly in postings (before they get processed)
- typography (and smartypants)
- TeX hyphenation
- summarize ability
- acronym detection that automatically replace acronyms and abbreviations
- you like the YAML front matter from Jekyll or nanoc? First choice in Acrylamid!
- coming from Pelican? Acrylamid has also support for metadata in the native format of Markdown or reStructuredText.
- support for translations (oh, and did I mention the language dependend hyphenation feature?)
- a few HTML5/XHTML themes, see Theming.
- internal webserver with automatic compiling when something has changed.
- assets management, including LESS and SASS conversion.
- uni-directional PingBack support.
what is missing
- No comments. You have to use Disqus or this approach.
- No search. But it's on the roadmap, Sphinx too.
easy_install -U acrylamid
This installs Acrylamid with Jinja2 as templating engine. For Mako use easy_install -U acrylamid --mako. This installs two additional but not required dependencies: Markdown and translitcodec. To get a list of all supported modules, head over to additional supported modules.
Initialize the base structure, edit conf.py and layouts/ and compile with:
$ acrylamid init myblog create myblog/conf.py ... $ cd myblog/ $ acrylamid compile && acrylamid view create [0.05s] output/articles/index.html create [0.37s] output/2012/die-verwandlung/index.html create [0.00s] output/index.html create [0.00s] output/tag/die-verwandlung/index.html create [0.00s] output/tag/franz-kafka/index.html create [0.03s] output/atom/index.html create [0.04s] output/rss/index.html create [0.00s] output/sitemap.xml create output/style.css 9 new, 0 updated, 0 skipped [0.72s] * Running on http://127.0.0.1:8000/
Real World Examples?
- sources from my personal blog: /posativ/blog.posativ.org.
- sebix' (contributer) blog sources: /sebix/sebix.github.com-sources.
See commands for a detailed overview.
$ acrylamid --help usage: acrylamid [-h] [-v] [-q] [-C] [--version] ... positional arguments: init initializes base structure in DIR compile compile blog view fire up built-in webserver autocompile automatic compilation and serving new create a new entry check run W3C or validate links clean remove abandoned files deploy run task import import content from URL or FILE info short summary ping notify ressources optional arguments: -h, --help show this help message and exit -v, --verbose more verbose -q, --quiet less verbose -C, --no-color disable color --version show program's version number and exit
Join #acrylamid on Freenode!