Welcome to Acrylamid's Documentation!
Acrylamid is yet another static blog compiler written in python that aims to be lightweight, fast and producing high quality output. It is licensed under BSD Style, 2 clauses.
Why another static blog compiler, that's a valid question. So, why would you use Acrylamid: It's fast when you start blogging and it stays fast when you have hundreds of articles due incremental compilation. It ships with all builtin Markdown extensions, custom ones and additional reStructuredText directives to embed YouTube or Code. With all complexity of Acrylamid itself, it is super easy to use.
Why not Acrylamid? It's not well tested by different people with different requirements. It may has some serious issues I didn't noticed yet. It also lacks some internal documentation. The default layout is indeed not the most beautiful and Acrylamid has no asset handling yet.
- blog articles, static pages, tags, RSS/Atom feeds and an article overview
- theming support (using jinja2) and support for jinja2 directly in postings
- Markdown, reStructuredText, textile and pandoc
- Markdown extensions and custom reStructuredText directives
- MathML, modern web-typography and hyphenation using soft-hyphens
- RSS/Atom/WordPress import, deployment and a handy CLI
- it's very flexible/configurable and fast
easy_install -U acrylamid
It has actually only one dependency,
jinja2 but for convenience it also
translitcodec. In addition it has support for
PyYAML, reStructuredText, syntax highlighting using pygments, asciimathml
to render MathML and finally smartypants for nicer typography.
easy_install -U docutils pygments asciimathml smartypants
Get acrylamid, edit conf.py and layouts/ and compile with:
$> acrylamid init myblog create myblog/conf.py ... $> cd myblog/ $> acrylamid compile && acrylamid view warn using mtime from <fileentry f'content/sample entry.txt'> create '/articles/index.html', written to output/articles/index.html create 'Die Verwandlung', written to output/2011/die-verwandlung/index.html create '/atom/index.html', written to output/atom/index.html create '/rss/index.html', written to output/rss/index.html create '/', written to output/index.html * Running on http://127.0.0.1:8000/
Real World Examples?
- sources from my personal blog: /posativ/blog.posativ.org.
- sebix' (contributer) sources: /sebix/sebix.github.com-sources.
You can apply various filter to a single entry, to a specific view or globally and Acrylamid resolves it automatically (some filters conflict with others so you can for example apply Markdown as global filter but render some entries with reStructuredText). Currently supported by acrylamid, see docs/filters.rst for detailed information:
- Markdown: rendering Markdown (+asciimathml, pygments, built-in extensions)
- reST: reStructuredText (+pygments)
- pandoc: Pandoc (+Markdown, textitle, rst, ...)
- textile: using Textile as markup language
- HTML: don't render with filters mentioned above (it's a conflicting filter)
- typography: https://code.google.com/p/typogrify/ (and custom modifications)
- hyphenation: hyphenate words (len > 10) based on language
- summarize: summarizes posts to 200 words
- head_offset: decrease headings by offset
- jinja2: write jinja2 in your entries (you can also execute system calls therewith)
- acronyms: automatically replace acronyms and abbreviations to help unexperienced users
See :doc:`commands` for a detailed overview.
%> acrylamid --help Usage: acrylamid <subcommand> [options] [args] Options: -q, --quiet less verbose -v, --verbose more verbose -h, --help show this help message and exit --version print version details Commands: init initializes base structure in DIR create (new) creates a new entry compile (co) compile blog view fire up built-in webserver autocompile automatic compilation and serving (short aco) clean (rm) remove abandoned files import import content from URL deploy run a given TASK All subcommands except `init` require a conf.py file.
#acrylamid on Freenode!