matchbox is a service that matches bare-metal machines to profiles that PXE boot and provision clusters. Machines are matched by labels like MAC or UUID during PXE and profiles specify a kernel/initrd, iPXE config, and Ignition config.
- Chainload via iPXE and match hardware labels
- Provision Fedora CoreOS or Flatcar Linux (powered by Ignition)
- Authenticated gRPC API for clients (e.g. Terraform)
Matchbox can be installed from a binary or a container image.
Start provisioning machines with Fedora CoreOS or Flatcar Linux.
- Terraform Usage
- Fedora CoreOS (PXE install to disk)
- Flatcar Linux (PXE install to disk)
- Local QEMU/KVM
- Fedora CoreOS (live PXE or PXE install to disk)
- Flatcar Linux (live PXE or PXE install to disk)