What is PosterVote?
This research is funded under the Digital Economy Research Centre, DERC.
What is it?
PosterVote is made up of a small device, printed A4 posters and the PosterVote service. The device makes the buttons on the poster clickable, so every click is logged. People can call in to PosterVote and play a special sound which registers the votes with the service. Once registered, you can view the results of your poll online.
How does it work?
- You create a poster on the website, postervote.co.uk, where you set the question and up to 5 options to choose form.
- Print out your poster using a generated PDF on the website.
- Attach the PosterVote device and call the registration number to link them.
- Place the post in place and gather your votes.
- Voters can call in to register votes and they also recieve an SMS with the poll's results
- You can view you poster's results online, showing the last registered votes.