- Due to false-positive crc match it was possible to erroneously reuse
pg_filenode.mapfile during incremental restore, which could break pg_catalog relations relying on
pg_filenode.mapfor filenode mapping if they were subject to VACUUM FULL or REINDEX operations before backup. This is fixed now.
- A race condition between reader and writer in acquiring the backup exclusive lock is removed.
- File descriptor leak in the backup shared lock is fixed.
- The remote agent API is now stable across the same minor version starting with
2.4.9, which makes pg_probackup installations more robust towards version drift. Requested by Alex Ignatov.
- It is now possible to restore and validate a backup from a read-only filesystem. Requested by Mikhail Kulagin.
- Backup shared locks are now released at the process exit.