RunIT Browser (QWebEngine version)
0.7 (July 2022) notable improvements/changes:
Youtube and Netflix confirmed working on almost complete full screen mode.
Homepage is now pointing to StartPage search engine.
Window is resized to be larger and more useful from the beginning.
More verbosity added to statusbar(notices go back, go forward etc. functions on tabs).
UI is styled to be darker than before.
Tabs now have titles in them.
Back, forward etc. Now upgrade urlbar address like they should.
Ecosia replaces Wolfram Alpha on search engines.
OLD VERSION CHANGELOGS
From 0.7 RC2 Deprecating icons and increasing python3 compatibility.
- Tabbed browsing: Double-click existing tab to get a new empty tab.
- Right-click: Open link in a new tab functionality is now working.
- More integrations to double-click menu. See about (i) for more information.
- QWebEngine capability integrations continue: code becomes a bit cleaner and more functional.
- UI is changed to become more clearer.
- Tabs are numbered.
- Statusbar shows what was last loaded and on what tab.
TODO in upcoming releases:
- Possibly integate label support as seen on previous releases.
- Enhance and integrate more QWebpage right-click functionalities.
Something like below, should be enough.
python-pyqt5.qtwebengine python-pyqt5 ca-certificates
python3-pyqt5.qtwebengine python3-pyqt5 ca-certificates
Remember to make the files executable with chmod +x some_file
Run the browser: python run.py