Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Improve comment permalink support #93

Closed
Vernal opened this issue Sep 10, 2015 · 6 comments

Comments

@Vernal
Copy link
Contributor

commented Sep 10, 2015

On some sites/browsers/server configs if you try to hit a comment permalink the page may not anchor correctly because, well, the comments haven't loaded yet.

I don't have enough info to nail down an exact scenario that does or doesn't work. Contributions welcome.

@ronalfy

This comment has been minimized.

Copy link
Contributor

commented Sep 10, 2015

Solution would be a scroll after comments loaded. I think there may be a JS
event to hook into for that :)
On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 14:37 Vernal notifications@github.com wrote:

On some sites/browsers/server configs if you try to hit a comment
permalink the page may not anchor correctly because, well, the comments
haven't loaded yet.

I don't have enough info to nail down an exact scenario that does or
doesn't work. Contributions welcome.


Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub
#93.

@Vernal

This comment has been minimized.

Copy link
Contributor Author

commented Sep 10, 2015

Think you can take it on?

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 4:17 PM, Ronald Huereca notifications@github.com
wrote:

Solution would be a scroll after comments loaded. I think there may be a JS
event to hook into for that :)
On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 14:37 Vernal notifications@github.com wrote:

On some sites/browsers/server configs if you try to hit a comment
permalink the page may not anchor correctly because, well, the comments
haven't loaded yet.

I don't have enough info to nail down an exact scenario that does or
doesn't work. Contributions welcome.


Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub
#93.


Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub
#93 (comment).

Jason G. Lemieux | Creative Director
Vernal Creative and Strategy
http://www.vernalcreative.com | New Number - 802.821.4059

@Vernal Vernal modified the milestone: 1.0.5 Sep 10, 2015

@ronalfy

This comment has been minimized.

Copy link
Contributor

commented Sep 10, 2015

Yah, go ahead and assign me. But I'm presenting at wcdfw this weekend, so
if it's pressing leave it open but if the issue is still not taken care of,
I can loook at it next week.
On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 15:28 Vernal notifications@github.com wrote:

Think you can take it on?

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 4:17 PM, Ronald Huereca notifications@github.com
wrote:

Solution would be a scroll after comments loaded. I think there may be a
JS
event to hook into for that :)
On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 14:37 Vernal notifications@github.com wrote:

On some sites/browsers/server configs if you try to hit a comment
permalink the page may not anchor correctly because, well, the comments
haven't loaded yet.

I don't have enough info to nail down an exact scenario that does or
doesn't work. Contributions welcome.


Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub
#93.


Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub
#93 (comment).

Jason G. Lemieux | Creative Director
Vernal Creative and Strategy
http://www.vernalcreative.com | New Number - 802.821.4059


Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub
#93 (comment).

@Vernal

This comment has been minimized.

Copy link
Contributor Author

commented Sep 11, 2015

Awesome. Good luck this weekend!

@ronalfy

This comment has been minimized.

Copy link
Contributor

commented Sep 11, 2015

Please check out 95ef339

I added it to the comment moderation branch since it's still under review.

I feel a little dirty with the iframe hack (your beta option), but it works.

@Vernal

This comment has been minimized.

Copy link
Contributor Author

commented Sep 11, 2015

Man. Nice going. You are a rockstar Mr Heureca.

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 10:51 PM, Ronald Huereca notifications@github.com
wrote:

Please check out 95ef339
95ef339

I added it to the comment moderation branch since it's still under review.

I feel a little dirty with the iframe hack (your beta option), but it
works.


Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub
#93 (comment).

Jason G. Lemieux | Creative Director
Vernal Creative and Strategy
http://www.vernalcreative.com | New Number - 802.821.4059

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
2 participants
You can’t perform that action at this time.