Web Spider Obstacle Course (WSOC)
The Web Spider Obstacle Course (WSOC) is an example web server that tests the thoroughness and resilience of Web Spiders.
- Written as a Sinatra application.
- Provides Specs for the expected behavior of a web spider for every link in the Obstacle Course.
- Provides an Obstacle Course containing:
- Empty links.
- Circular links.
- Links with relative-paths.
- Links with absolute-paths.
- Remote links.
- Links within +frameset+ and +iframe+ tags.
- Cookie protected pages.
- HTTP 300, 301, 302, 303 and 307 Redirects.
- Meta-Refresh Redirects.
- HTTP Baisc Auth protected pages.
$ wsoc_server -p 8080
$ gem install wsoc
WSOC - The Web Spider Obstacle Course
Copyright (c) 2009-2011 Hal Brodigan (postmodern.mod3 at gmail.com)
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA