Local Development Box
Script/s to install L(E/A)MP in a local server, aimed towards local development of PHP / WordPress sites.
- Juno (Elementary OS)
- Ubuntu 18.04
In sync with WordPress philosophy of “decision, not options”.
- Redis for object cache (with memcached as an option)
- WP Super Cache as full page cache (with Batcache as an alternative)
- PHP 7.x
- Nginx with Apache
- Password based logins are disabled.
- Umask 027 or 077.
- ACL integration.
- Credentials-less login for PhpMyAdmin for local network.
- Integrated wp-cli.
- Support for version control (git, hg).
- Composer pre-installed.
- Auto-update of almost everything (wp-cli, composer, certbot certs, etc).
- Your own SSL CA.
- PHP-Xdebug pre-installed.
- Web interface (planned, but no ETA).
.envrcand insert as much information as possible
bootstrap.shand execute it.
# as root apt install curl screen -y # optional steps # curl -LO https://github.com/pothi/local-dev-box/raw/master/.envrc-sample cp .envrc-sample .envrc nano .envrc # then create the directories and files that are from /etc/skell for the user 'pothi' (or whoever) # download the bootstrap script curl -LO https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pothi/local-box/master/bootstrap-local-box.sh # please do not trust any script on the internet or github # so, please go through it! nano ~/bootstrap-local-box.sh # execute it and wait for some time # screen bash bootstrap-local-box.sh # or simply bash bootstrap-local-box.sh rm bootstrap-local-box.sh
For more documentation, supported / tested hosts, todo, etc, please see the WP-In-A-Box wiki.