WP In A Box
Script/s to install LEMP in a linux box without much effort. This LEMP stack is fine-tuned towards WordPress installations. It may not work for other PHP based applications. For more details, please see the blog post at https://www.tinywp.in/wp-in-a-box/.
- Ubuntu Bionic Beaver (18.04.x)
- Debian Stretch (9.x)
- Ubuntu Xenial Xerus (16.04.x)
In sync with WordPress philosophy of “decision, not options”.
- Redis for object cache (with memcached as an option)
- WP Super Cache as full page cache (with Batcache as an alternative)
- PHP 7.x
- Nginx (no Apache, sorry)
- Varnish (planned, but no ETA)
- Only ports 80, 443, and port for SSH are open.
- No phoning home.
- No external dependencies (such as third-party repositories, unless there is a strong reason to use it).
- Automatic security updates (with an option to update everything).
- Disable password authentication for root.
- Nginx (possibly with Naxsi WAF when h2 issue is resolved).
- Umask 027 or 077.
- ACL integration.
- Weekly logwatch (if email is supplied).
- Isolated user for PhpMyAdmin.
- Random username (like GoDaddy generates).
- Automatic restart of MySQL (and Varnish) upon failure.
- Integrated wp-cli.
- Support for version control (git, hg).
- Composer pre-installed.
- Auto-update of almost everything (wp-cli, composer, certbot certs, etc).
- Automatic Certbot / LetsEncrypt installation and renewal (like Caddy).
- Automated setup of sites using backups.
- Web interface (planned, but no ETA).
- Automatic backup of site/s (files and DB) to AWS S3 or to GCP.
.envrcand insert as much information as possible
bootstrap.shand execute it.
# as root apt install curl screen -y # optional steps # curl -LO https://github.com/pothi/wp-in-a-box/raw/master/.envrc-sample # cp .envrc-sample .envrc # nano .envrc # download the bootstrap script curl -LO https://github.com/pothi/wp-in-a-box/raw/master/bootstrap.sh # please do not trust any script on the internet or github # so, please go through it! nano ~/bootstrap.sh # execute it and wait for some time # screen bash bootstrap.sh # or simply bash bootstrap.sh rm bootstrap.sh
For more documentation, supported / tested hosts, todo, etc, please see the WP-In-A-Box wiki.