Potree is a free open-source WebGL based point cloud renderer for large point clouds.
It is based on the TU Wien Scanopy project
At the moment, this project is continued as master thesis under the Harvest4D Project
Newest information and work in progress is usually available on twitter
General infos, downloads, showcase, etc. at potree.org
Contact: Markus Schütz - firstname.lastname@example.org
Take a look at the potree showcase for some live examples.
|Internet Explorer 11||Win7||partially works; performance issues|
|Firefox||Android||partially works, GUI and stability issues|
|Opera||Android||partially works, GUI and stability issues and slow|
- The multi-res-octree algorithms used by this viewer were developed at the Vienna University of Technology by Michael Wimmer and Claus Scheiblauer as part of the Scanopy Project.
- Three.js, the WebGL 3D rendering library on which potree is built.
- plas.io point cloud viewer. LAS and LAZ support have been taken from the laslaz.js implementation of plas.io. Thanks to Uday Verma and Howard Butler for this!
- Harvest4D Potree currently runs as Master Thesis under the Harvest4D Project
- Christian Boucheny (EDL developer) and Daniel Girardeau-Montaut (CloudCompare). The EDL shader was adapted from the CloudCompare source code!
- Martin Isenburg, Georepublic, Veesus, Sigeom Sa, SITN, Pix4D as well as all the contributers to potree and PotreeConverter and many more for their support.