Newest information and work in progress is usually available on twitter
Contact: Markus Schütz (email@example.com)
Make sure you have node.js installed
Install all dependencies, as specified in package.json, then, install the gulp build tool:
cd <potree_directory> npm install --save npm install -g gulp npm install -g rollup
gulp watch command to
- create ./build/potree
- watch for changes to the source code and automatically create a new build on change
- start a web server at localhost:1234. Go to http://localhost:1234/examples/ to test the examples.
Take a look at the potree showcase for some live examples.
|Internet Explorer 11||Win7||not supported|
|Chrome||Android||works||Reduced functionality due to unsupported WebGL extensions|
|Opera||Android||works||Reduced functionality due to unsupported WebGL extensions|
- The multi-res-octree algorithms used by this viewer were developed at the Vienna University of Technology by Michael Wimmer and Claus Scheiblauer as part of the Scanopy Project.
- Three.js, the WebGL 3D rendering library on which potree is built.
- plas.io point cloud viewer. LAS and LAZ support have been taken from the laslaz.js implementation of plas.io. Thanks to Uday Verma and Howard Butler for this!
- Harvest4D Potree currently runs as Master Thesis under the Harvest4D Project
- Christian Boucheny (EDL developer) and Daniel Girardeau-Montaut (CloudCompare). The EDL shader was adapted from the CloudCompare source code!
- Martin Isenburg, Georepublic, Veesus, Sigeom Sa, SITN, LBI ArchPro, Pix4D as well as all the contributers to potree and PotreeConverter and many more for their support.