Drupal Instagram Album
Drupal Instagram Album is a Drupal 7 module which by adding your Instagram Credentials it will give you a mobile friendly, album block. You can see my Instagram Album, which is build using this module.
I started re-developing my site and I wanted to create an Instagram Album that will pull my photos and render them as an album flip book. However, as a developer, I wanted to create something that I will CRUD (Create, Read, Update , Delete) and to be flexible and convenient - a phrase I use all the time :) .
So, I started creating this module. I setup all the necessary steps to authorize and authenticate with Instagram API and you can see the result in my website :)
1. Setup Instagram Application
- Go to
https://www.instagram.com/developer/and login with your Instagram account credentials.
- Register for an application
- In the Valid redirect Urls remember to add this url
<base url of your site>/admin/structure/instagram-book. For example if your site is
http://www.instagramalbum.comthen the URL will be
http://www.instagramalbum.com/admin/structure/instagram-book. This will tell Instagram during the authorization to redirent back to the Instagram module and continue with the authentication. You can add as many URLs you want.
- If everything goes fine, Instagram will give you the below data:
- Client ID code
- Client Secret code
2. Install the module with Drupal classic way
- Download the zip file of this repo
- Add it to your
- Go to
admin/modulesurl and install the module
- You will find the module settings under
- Add the Client ID in the
Instagram Client Idfield
- If you setup correctly the redirect URL, Instagram will redirect you back to the module to continue with the Authentication
- Add your Client Secret code in the
Instagram Client Secretfield
- Upload your cover photo to be displayed at the front of your album. The image needs to be square and the size ideally 520x520.
- Set how many images you want to be displayed in the album.
- Set how much time you want to cache the data from Instagram so you don't query every time the Instagram API to fetch the images. It uses the Drupal cache.
- After setting up all the fields, press
Authenticate & Save
- A block will be created with the name
Instagram Bookwhich you can assign anywhere you want.
1. Add this module as a submodule (Assuming you are using version control for your Drupal website)
- Navigate first to your root folder of your Drupal website - where the index.php, cron.php etc files exist
- Execute this command to add this Drupal module as a submodule for your site
git submodule add https://github.com/poupouxios/drupal-instagram-album.git sites/all/modules/instagram-book
- Then execute
git submodule initand
git submodule update. This will fetch the module and add it in the folder you specified
- The rest of the steps are the same like above ( From Go to.. step and after)
This project is licensed under the MIT open source license.