SOS (Simple Operating System) is a very basic multiprocess operating system that runs on x86 machines. It was implemented as a university task.
Currently it only runs in 32bit mode.
$ apt install g++ xxd make nasm
- https://github.com/blastrock/flix - C++ based kernel.
- https://github.com/pdziepak/quarnos - C++ kernel with musl libc.
- https://github.com/AtheMathmo/toy-os - Rust based kernel.
- https://github.com/WesleyAC/subatomic - Rust based OS.
- https://github.com/thepowersgang/rust_os - Rust based experimental OS.
- https://github.com/solson/spideros - C++14 based OS.