- Added IPython-5 support: in new major IPython version prompt code was largerly reworked, resulting in different set of hacks needed for powerline to work. IPython still does not have features needed to avoid using hacks.
- Added stash segment.
- Fixed trailing whitespace segment: it could incorrectly report trailing
whitespace if line ended with
- Fixed weather segment and altered geoip service used.
- Fixed escaping used for status-left option on tmux-2.1 and higher.
system_loadsegment that leaves only one load average number out of three.
powerline.segments.i3wm.scratchpadsegment used to list windows that are currently on the scratchpad.
- Added support for multiple batteries in battery segment.
….i3wm.workspacesegment which describes single i3wm workspace and workspaces lister. Old
….i3wm.workspacessegment was deprecated.
- Added support for multiple monitors in lemonbar bindings.
- Added support for most recent tmux version (2.2).
- Fixed battery status support on some linux systems.
- Fixed MPD bindings: they sometimes were not able to handle names if they did not fit ASCII.
- Fixed MPD bindings: they did not correctly get elapsed time.
- Fixed AttributeError on some systems: LC_MESSAGES is not always available.
- Fixed Mac OS-specific variant of spotify player support when Python-3 is used.
- Fixed performance of the tabline.
- Added ability to hide domain part of the user name to common.env.user segment.
- Added ability to show conda environment to virtualenv segment.
- Added systemd service file.
- Added ability to detect internal_ip interface using default gateway.
- Added support for password-protected connections in mpd player bindings.
outputoption to i3wm.workspaces segment to filter workspaces based on their output.
- Added “charging” indicator to battery segment.
- Made tmux bindings show zoom indicator in window status.
- Fixed tmux bindings so that they support tmux-2.1.
- Fixed support for unicode characters in common.time.date segment.
- Added support for newest psutil version.
- Added support for non-SSL IMAP4 connection.
- Added support for clickable tab names in Vim.
- Added support for truncating tmux segments.
- Added support for new (i3ipc) module that interacts with i3.
- Added support for i3 modes.
- Fixed coloring of network_load segment.
- Fixed dash bindings on OS X.
- Fixed parsing numbers starting with 2 supplied by POWERLINE_*_OVERRIDES environment variables.
- Added support for placing powerline on the left in qtile.
- Added qtile-1.9 support.
- Fixed tmux-2.0 support.
- Made it easier to run tests outside of travis.
- Added some missing highlight groups.
- Made it omit writing empty above lines.
- Fixed UnicodeEncodeError when running powerline-lint with non-ASCII characters in error messages.
- Fixed code that replaces
&statuslinevalue: it now is able to replace non-ASCII
&statuslines as well.
- Added BAR support.
- Added support for pdb (Python debugger) prompt.
- Added more highlight groups to solarized colorscheme.
- Updated zpython bindings.
- Fixed C version of the client on non-Linux platforms.
- Fixed some errors in powerline-lint code.
- Fixed Python-2.6 incompatibilities in setup.py.
- Added fbterm (framebuffer terminal emulator) support.
- Added theme with unicode-7.0 symbols. (Note: most software is not ready for it yet, including all Python-2* versions.)
- Added support for PyPy3.
- Compiler is now called with CFLAGS from environment in setup.py if present.
- Added support for pyuv-1.*.
- Added a way to write error log to Vim global variable.
powerlinescript now supports overrides from
$POWERLINE_THEME_OVERRIDESenvironment variables, so does
powerline-configscripts now support taking paths from
powerline-lintis now able to report dictionaries which were merged in to form marked dictionary and what were the previous values of overridden values.
- Added support for Byron Rakitzis’ rc shell reimplementation.
- Added support for querying battery status on cygwin platform.
- Vim: made all mode strings have equal width.
- Vim: fixed intermediate Vim-7.3* support.
- Fixed typo in battery segment implementation that made it not possible to fall back to next implementation if UPower is not available, but dbus is.
- Fixed libzpython overrides and modes support.
- Fixed Python-3* support in zpython bindings.
- Fixed checking of themes located in user configuration directories in
--foregroundargument to be used in conjunction with
- Fixed outdated tmux versions support (1.6 and 1.7).
- Removed CtrlP support. If one wants to readd it make sure to fix problems listed in 4e6b0a7.
highlight_groupkey in segment description (both in configuration and in function output) was renamed to
highlight_groups(note the trailing
attrkey in colorschemes was renamed to
attrskey (note the trailing
- All highlight groups looking like
foo.barwere renamed to
foo:bar: dot in highlight group names is no longer allowed.
detectargument value was renamed to
autoin network segments.
$POWERLINE_COMMANDis now a single path to one executable. No arguments to the executable are allowed inside
$POWERLINE_COMMAND. Overrides using argument to
$POWERLINE_COMMANDare now deprecated.
- In place of overrides being part of
$POWERLINE_COMMANDvariable all shell and tmux bindings now support overrides from
- In place of config paths specified as a part of
$POWERLINE_COMMANDvariable paths are now taken from
$POWERLINE_CONFIGwas replaced with
$POWERLINE_CONFIG_OVERRIDESfor zpython bindings when talking about overrides.
$POWERLINE_THEME_CONFIGwas renamed to
$POWERLINE_THEME_OVERRIDESin zpython bindings.
$POWERLINE_CONFIGwas replaced with
$POWERLINE_CONFIG_COMMANDin all shell bindings when talking about path to
- In Vim in place of
g:powerline_theme_overridesdictionary should be used. Theme names in this case are top-level keys in the new dictionary.
- In IPython configuration paths list can be specified via
config_pathsoption, not via
- Some long options that defined overrides were renamed:
--theme_optionwas renamed to
--configwas renamed to
--config-override. Note that these options are deprecated and shall be used for testing purposes only.
- All long options that used to have underscore in them are now using
HYPHEN-MINUS instead. I.e.
--config_pathwas renamed to
--last_pipe_statuswas renamed to
--renderer_argwas renamed to
--theme_optionwas renamed to
--theme-override. Short options were not touched.
- All segments from
powerline.segments.commonwere removed. Now they live in
powerline.segments.common.wthr.weather. List of available segments can be found in documentation, section Common segments.
powerline.segments.common.players.now_playingwere removed. In place of them all players should be accessed via their own segments. List of segments is available in Media players.