imagineKatana - Imagine Renderer plugin for Katana
This is an integration of my Imagine Renderer into Katana 1.x and 2.x (controlled with #ifdefs for the moment).
As Imagine doesn't have a proper API yet, it's a slightly hacky situation of just hosting Imagine's infrastructure within the Katana Renderer plugin.
- Supports both Preview and Live interactive rendering to Katana's monitor (with ID picking), and Disk Renders to EXR files.
- Most of Imagine's integrated materials as uber-shaders in a primitive way, with some hard-coded (not generic) support for some network materials
- Most light types are exposed
- Polymesh and Subdmesh geometry (with proper subdivision in render), with options for quantising (compressing) attributes
- instanceSource type instancing and a subset of instance array transform instances
- 2 time sample (single motion segment) motion blur - both transform and deformation of meshes
- HDR, TIFF and EXR image reading (both tiled and scanline for the latter two), although pre-mipmapped tiled EXRs are highly recommended for using texture caching
Requires Katana plugins_api directory for building Katana API lib, and Imagine's main src/ directory.