Freetronics 433MHz Receiver Shield
A general-purpose 433MHz receiver shield for the Arduino Duemilanove microcontroller and other boards based on the same header format, such as the Seeeduino and the Arduino Pro.
Includes significant prototyping area using the spare shield area.
- Reset button wired through to Arduino reset pin.
- Two general-purpose SMT LEDs wired to GND via current-limiting resistors (drive HIGH to illuminate).
- Pads for 2 surface-mount 100nF smoothing capacitors.
- Parts overlay on both the top and the bottom so you can see what you are connecting without turning the board over.
As of version 1.1 parts have been switched to 0603 SMT for machine assembly. If you want to assemble this board by hand consider using v1.0, which used 0805 SMT packages with special oversized pads for easier soldering.
The design is saved as an EAGLE project. EAGLE PCB design software is available from www.cadsoftusa.com free for non-commercial use. To use this project download it and place the directory containing these files into the "eagle" directory on your computer. Then open EAGLE and navigate to Projects -> eagle -> ProtoShield.
Licensed under the TAPR Open Hardware License (www.tapr.org/OHL).
If you haven't had PCBs fabricated before it can be very confusing trying to work out all the options. We have our boards fabbed by pcbcart.com, so to save you some hassle the list below shows our recommended selections for the options on their order form. Some of the settings can be changed if you have different preferences but this is a sensible starting point if you don't know what the options mean and should result in a decent board.
Note that the colour options below are for a yellow board with black text, and with all exposed surfaces gold-plated for maximum durability.
- Material: FR4
- Layers: 2 Layer
- Material Details: Standard Tg 140C
- Part Number: PA_SHIELD433RX (or substitute your own)
- Board Type: Single Unit
- Board Size (width): 59.69mm
- Board Size (height): 53.34mm
- Quantity: Select as appropriate
- Thickness: 1.2mm
- Surface Finish: ENIG (gold)
- Copper Weight (Finished): 35um
- Min. Tracing/Spacing: 0.20mm (8 thou)
- Min. Annular Ring: 0.30mm (12 thou)
- Smallest Holes: 0.40mm
- Holes Numbers: <300
- Surface Mount: 1 side
- Soldermask: Both sides
- Peelable Soldermask: None
- Soldermask Color: Yellow
- Matt Color: None
- Silkscreen Legend: 2 sides
- Silkscreen Legend Color: Black
- Gold Fingers: No
- Gold Fingers Number:
- Gold Fingers Chamfer:
- Slots in Board: No Slot in Board
- Slots quantity in board:
- Testing: Yes
- UL Marking: No
- Date Code Marking: No
- Lead Time: 8 or 12 days, as you prefer (8 costs a small amount more)
- Special Requirement Note: PCB is routed to outside of Top layer