A clean customisable Sphinx documentation theme.
- Intentionally minimal --- the most important thing is the content, not the scaffolding around it.
- Responsive --- adapting perfectly to the available screen space, to work on all sorts of devices.
- Customisable --- change the color palette, font families, logo and more!
- Easy to navigate --- with carefully-designed sidebar navigation and inter-page links.
- Good looking content --- through clear typography and well-stylised elements.
- Good looking search --- helps readers find what they want quickly.
- Biased for smaller docsets --- intended for smaller documentation sets, where presenting the entire hierarchy in the sidebar is not overwhelming.
Furo is distributed on PyPI. To use the theme in your Sphinx project:
Install Furo in documentation's build environment.
pip install furo
html_theme = "furo"
Your Sphinx documentation's HTML pages will now be generated with this theme!
For more information, visit Furo's documentation.
Furo is a volunteer maintained open source project, and we welcome contributions of all forms. Please take a look at our Contributing Guide for more information.
Furo is inspired by (and borrows elements from) some excellent technical documentation themes:
We use BrowserStack to test on real devices and browsers. Shoutout to them for supporting OSS projects!
What's with the name?
I plucked this from the scientific name for Domesticated Ferrets: Mustela putorius furo.
A ferret is actually a really good spirit animal for this project: cute, small, steals little things from various places, and hisses at you when you try to make it do things it doesn't like.
I plan on commissioning a logo for this project (or making one myself) consisting of a cute ferret. Please reach out if you're interested!
I'm being told that mentioning who uses
$thingis a good way to promote
- urllib3 -- THE first adopter of Furo
- attrs -- one of the early adopters!
- pip -- what I wrote this for
- Python Developer’s Guide
This project is licensed under the MIT License.