Major updates in this software release are:
- Complete code re-organisation to fit all the analysis methods into independent categories - Channel Profile, Network, Community and User
- Complete refactoring of common utilitarian modules like utilities, visualisation and
- Updates to configuration to include validation parameters.
- Protovis-based graph visualization for channel-channel interactions within Ubuntu IRC channels. For more details, please see protovis directory.
- New tests to validate the code base. At present, the test coverage stands at 54%.
Major highlights of the analysis done in IRCLogParser are:
- Statistical analysis of discussions that happen on IRC channel(s)
- Statistical analysis of all conversations based on three parameters: response time, conversation length and conversation refresh time.
- Social network analysis of interactions between IRC channel users
- Detection of communities among mailing list users using graph-based and text mining-based algorithms
- Simultaneous analysis of multiple IRC channels to infer social interactions between users
- Identification of experts in the channel
- Labeling of the interests of the users and the community by using text mining techniques
Complete documentation is available for the analysis methods used in the project. Even the source code is completely documented. Please download the docs for offline usage.
If you are interested in the technical details of the research work underlying IRCLogParser, please see the report.