Data used for the report
- Data used in the report is collected from the GitHub API.
- Accuracy of the data and conclusions drawn from it, depends directly on API results.
Organization account verification on GitHub
- Organization accounts used in the report are not verified by any authorities.
- They were verified just on the basis of Name, Service/Blog URL, Email etc.
- They may represent some non-original organizations, in case of any mistake.
GitHub organization creation date of organizations
- GitHub organization's creation date is provided by GitHub API itself.
- Subject to the name/handle of the organization.
Public lanunching date of Organizations
- Public launching dates of organizations was collected from different sources like Crunchbase, WikiPedia, Google, Twitter or Organization's blog/about pages.
- In some cases where the exact date was not available, it was assumed as 15th of the month.
- No. of stars for each repository are not updated in real-time.
- Stars used for the conclusions are from the time of data collection.
- For a source repository, all its commits were counted as it is.
- For a forked repository, all the commits after the fork date are counted.
- Code for this filteration is available here, timeline.py#L67-L98.
Active and Inactive fork attributes