Getting Started with Presto
This repository contains the files used to present the F8 2019 classroom demo: Getting Started with Presto: Run SQL at any Scale. They will setup a Presto cluster with MySQL and MongoDB instances that you can query from Presto.
The demo was develop on Mac OS X.
To start the Presto cluster and its dependencies:
Then open the Jupyter Notebook at
The Jupyter Notebook password is
demo. You can override it by changing the
SHA1 hash of
The Presto UI is available at
To run the Presto CLI:
docker exec -it f8-2019-demo_presto_1 bin/presto-cli
You can find Presto's documentation on prestodb.io/docs/current/.
If you update a
docker-compose up --build to ignore cache
and rebuild the images.
In this demo, we run all Presto nodes on the same machine. Presto has two types of nodes:
- The coordinator is the main server that compiles SQL And manages its execution
- The worker is a node that executes tasks scheduled by the coordinator
To run Presto in a distributed way, you will create a new instance with
- More about deploying Presto
- Configuration properties reference
- Developing extensions and integrations for Presto
See the CONTRIBUTING file for how to help out.
f8-2019-demo is Apache 2.0 licensed, as found in the LICENSE file.