This is a Next.js project that will add a note whenever a conversation is tagged.
Prezly uses intercom for Customer Support. Depending on the type of question our support agents need to handle the case differently. This project helps with that as a note is created on the conversation with a summary of the procedure and more information.
- Conversation is tagged in intercom (type_bug, type_feature,...)
- Look if there is additional information to post (template by tag_name)
- Add a note to the conversation with links to procedures or help
Copy .env.example to .env.production Fill in .ENV variables (find intercom key at https://app.intercom.com/a/apps/[APP_ID]/developer-hub) Deploy to vercel
All templates live in
/public/templates with an example type_bug template.
The name of the template needs to match the tag_name (in intercom) exactly. If no template is found the bot will stay quiet.
Set-up in intercom
- Deploy to vercel get app URL
- Create new app @ https://app.intercom.com/a/apps/[APP_ID]/developer-hub
- Go to created app > webhooks
- Add webhook [APP_URL]/api/conversations
- Only trigger webhook for topic
Deploy on Vercel
The easiest way to deploy the app and allow anyone in the company to change the template files (public/templates directory) is to use the Vercel Platform.
Check out Next.js deployment documentation for more details.