Particle physics open data in education
This repository includes materials for learning how to use the CMS Open Data in education.
These materials are released under the Creative Commons CC0 waiver. Neither the author, CMS nor CERN endorse any works, scientific or otherwise, produced using these materials, data or code. However, it is common scientific practice to reference the author and materials when using these for further works.
Content of the folders
- tutorial for Jupyter Notebook application
- excercise about using Jupyter
- basics of Python programming language
- useful commands of Python
- excercise about using Python
- instructions for getting CSV formatted data
- instructions for calculating the invariant mass
- two instructions for creating histograms
- three different example notebooks about CMS Open Data in education