Minimalist multi-wallet by Primecoin Project and Crane Square
How to switch to another coin?
Hold the coin button for longer than one second until the coin selection menu shows. The coin button serves two purposes, the other being manual refresh of balance and recent transactions.
Alternatively, type the coin's name in lower case into the amount input box.
How to back up private key?
Starting 0.2.18 private keys can now be exported. To access this functionality, double tap on address QRcode to enter the full screen QRcode view. Double tap on the key button to enter private key export view. Then take a picture of the screen with another (preferably cold) smartphone or camera. Please keep in mind that Android allows other apps to access screenshot or photo images, or even stores to cloud, so taking the picture on a hot smartphone reduces the security of the private key.
We strongly recommend Gemmer users to practice key backup as soon as the address is in active use. Each active address needs to be backed up independently.
Gem is another name for primecoin in gemmer. The gems amount deducted on transaction display are actual primecoins, charged on behalf of each listed coin's developer team. The gem transactions can be seen at the primecoin screen, as primecoin transactions.
Why am I charged gems for sending transactions?
The gems are charged on behalf of each listed coin's development team and facilitate the coin teams to provide better wallet service as well as cover cost of development.
Why are gems charged on some transactions but not others?
Gems are charged as a luck draw based on an average gem fee specified by listed coin's development team. It's done in this fashion to reduce overall cost of gem transactions on users and developers.
I deleted gemmer app for update, can I get my coins back?
Never uninstall/delete gemmer app unless you are 100% sure the wallet is emptied and you don't want to preserve the keys. Android deletes/destroys wallet data on uninstallation or deletion of app. Please keep in mind that gemmer wallet keys live in your smartphone only.
To install an update to gemmer, you should NEVER uninstall or delete existing gemmer app by yourself. Android will ask you to confirm the update to existing gemmer app.
Why does gemmer vibrate?
Vibration is a feedback from gemmer to indicate that it has successfully contacted server for refresh or send.
Got the prompt to deposit primecoins for gem fee, but I don't have any and need to send my coins right now?
You can always send the entire balance in a hurry. Sending entire balance is waived of gem fee.
On the other hand, if you are short of gems, feel free to ask some in the gemmer channel of Primecoin Discord.
Where to find help?
Join us for community discussion and technical support at channel gemmer of the Primecoin discord: https://discord.gg/Q8Q7edcy6x
Gemmer User Manual
Tentative Roadmap for Gemmer
- Q4 2020 - 0.2: qr scan, backup private key, v systems support
- Q1 2021 - 0.3: v systems token support
- Q2 2021 - 0.3: experimental chat
- Q3 2021 - 0.4: basic embedded wallet
- Q4 2021 - 0.4: ui refresh
- Q1 2022 - 0.5: basic embedded chat
- Q2 2022 - 0.6: backup mnemonic
- Q3 2022 - 0.7: sweep private key
- Q4 2022 - 0.8: multiple address support up to 5 addresses per coin
- Q1 2023 - 0.9: high security cold wallet with up to 5 cold addresses per coin
Supported Android Phones
- Only 64-bit phones are supported by Gemmer.
- Some phones have 64-bit hardware but for various reasons were shipped with 32-bit Android OS by manufactures. These phones are not truly 64-bit and are thus NOT supported.
A partial list of unsupported phones with 64-bit processors but 32-bit Android OS:
- 2020 - Xiaomi Redmi 9a (4GB RAM and below)
- 2019 - BLU View 1, Huawei Y5, LG K20, Moto E6, G7 Play, Samsung A10, A10e, Xiaomi Redmi 7a, Redmi 8a
- 2018 - Alcatel Raven LTE, TCL A1, TCL LX, LG Aristo 2 Plus, K11+, K30, Phoenix 4, Q7+, Rebel 4, Stylo 4, Moto E5, E5 Play, E5 Plus, G6, G6 Play, Samsung A6, A6+, J2, J3 Orbit, J4, J4 Core, J4 SM-J400M, J6, J7 Crown, J7 Prime 2, J7 Star, J8, Xiaomi Redmi 6, Redmi 6a, Redmi S2
- 2017 - LG Q6, Moto E4, E4 Plus, G5, G5 Plus, G5s Plus, Z2 Play, Samsung A3, J3, J3 Luna Pro, J3 Pro, J7, J7 Nxt SM-J701F, J7 Prime SM-J727T, XCover 4
- 2016 - Alcatel Pop 4+, BLU R1 HD, Fairphone 2, Lenovo K6, K6 Note, K6 Power, LG K8, X Power, Moto G4, G4 Play, G4 Plus, Z Play, Samsung A3, A5, J3 V, J5, J7 Prime, J710, Sony Xperia E5, Xiaomi Redmi 4a