A bundle of Open Source WebRTC joy!
- Install EasyRTC's WebRTC Server on your own Linux, Windows, or Mac server in minutes not days.
- Use our EasyRTC API and sample application code to build and deploy your WebRTC app in hours not weeks.
- EasyRTC is completely free and open source under a BSD 2 license. No usage costs or other hidden fees.
Installation In A Nutshell
- Install Node.js
- Download the EasyRTC distribution from github (https://github.com/priologic/easyrtc.git)
npm installin the easyrtc directory.
- Enter the easyrtc/server_example directory by executing
npm installin the server_example directory.
- Start EasyRTC by running
node server.jswhile in the server_example directory.
- Browse the examples using a WebRTC enabled browser. (defaults to port
Important note: Chrome will not grant access to local microphones or cameras for a page served using http except for the localhost case. See the docs/easyrtc_server_ssl.md file for instructions on serving files using https.
Step by step instructions including additional setup options can be found in
Note: there is no corresponding need to install the client files specifically; they were installed as part of EasyRTC in step 3.
All documentation can be found within the docs folder.
- Install instructions for Ubuntu, Windows, and Mac
- Configuration options
- Using Server Events
- Server API
EasyRTC Client API
- Client API tutorial
- Client API
- Client File Transfer API
- Frequently asked questions
- ICE, TURN, STUN Configuration
- Using Rooms
- Serving with SSL
- Serving next to IIS or Apache
- Upcoming features
- Common WebRTC problems
- / (root)
- Licenses and package information
- Client API files including easyrtc.js
- EasyRTC live demos and example code
- Documentation for using the API and running the server
- Required libraries
- Required node.js modules
- This folder will be created during the install
- A simple server example
EasyRTC comes with a number of demo's which work immediately after installation.
- Video and/or Audio connections
- Multi-party video chat
- Text Messaging with or without Data Channels
- Screen and tab sharing
- File transfer
- Client side video recording
Links for help and information
- The EasyRTC website is at:
- Use our support forum is at:
- Live demo site:
- Bugs and requests can be filed on our github page or on the forum:
- Our YouTube channel has live demo's:
- Information on complimentary EasyRTC commercial products can be found here:
Copyright (c) 2016, Priologic Software Inc. All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
* Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer. * Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.