Prisma 1.8.0 (2018-05-08)
You can read more about upgrading your server to this version in the upgrade guide.
- Improved Performance
- Changes to the Management API
- Management Schema was renamed
- Stable Release of Postgres Connector
- Experimental support for Postgres Connector introspection
- Better deployment validation
Performance has been improved. The biggest factor here is less aggressive logging which should speed up simple queries in particular. https://github.com/graphcool/prisma/pull/2321
Changes to the Management API
The Management API of a Prisma Server is responsible for service deployment and also provides information about the Prisma Server.
Breaking Change https://github.com/graphcool/prisma/pull/2251
Previously, the Management API was available at
/cluster, for example
localhost:4466/cluster. With 1.8,
/cluster is not available anymore. The endpoint has been updated to
/managenent, for example
The Management API exposes a GraphQL API, that previously contained a top-level field
clusterInfo. It has been renamed to
serverInfo in 1.8.
clusterInfo is deprecated and will be removed in version 1.10.
Management Schema was renamed
A Prisma Server stores information about services and service migrations in a dedicated management schema in the connected database.
Breaking Change https://github.com/graphcool/prisma/pull/2254
Previously, this schema was called
graphcool. In 1.8,
management is used by default instead. Using the
managementSchema setting in the Prisma Server configuration allows you to use a different database. For the Postgres connector, both the
database and the
managementSchema setting can be adjusted.
Read the upgrade guide for detailed information on how to do this.
We release the Postgres Connector after improvements and bug fixes since the alpha release:
updatedAtis now correctly updated https://github.com/graphcool/prisma/pull/2359
- a problem with a Postgres function was resolved https://github.com/graphcool/prisma/pull/2368
Postgres Connector Introspection
This release comes with alpha support for the introspection feature of the Postgres Connector. Using introspection, you can connect to an existing Postgres database with data and automatically generate the SDL datamodel. Additionally, you can disable migrations for the Postgres Connector from now on.
You can follow along our progress with the introspection feature here: https://github.com/graphcool/prisma/issues/2377.
Better deployment validation
- Several issues with deploying relations have been fixed https://github.com/graphcool/prisma/pull/2359
- relation directives do not need to appear twice anymore in all cases
- when later adding the missing side of an optional back relation we check for potential problems
- validate relation changes for ambiguity and ask for clarification
- Check that enums have unique names https://github.com/graphcool/prisma/pull/2329
- Add validation checks for