Clone this wiki locally
This is a place for p5.js related teaching resources -- links to syllabi, workshop materials, helper tools for teaching / classroom. Feel free to add things you create here (just click the "Edit" button). For examples and demos without related syllabi or teaching materials please see the contributed tools page.
Note that examples included may be using older versions of p5.js and might not be up to date.
Class / workshop syllabi
- Intro to Computational Media, NYU ITP F15
- Creative Coding, NYU IDM
- Generative Art with Processing, Bennington College F15
- Intro to Creative Programming, RISD D+M F13 - many examples
- Introduction to Interactive Computing, TCNJ F14 - examples and notes
- Mobile Art Workshop - intro to p5, websockets, interactivity, and sound for mobile web art
- Web Media, Moore College of Art S15 - intro to html, p5 and p5.js to generate web-based art projects
- Code as Medium, RISD S15 (Evelyn Eastmond) - many interactive codepen examples!
- Creative Coding for the Web, Culture Hub S15 - syllabus and notes
- Intro to Media Computing @ the School of Creative Media, Hong Kong
- Arduino + p5.js examples
- WordPress p5.js embedder - plugin to embed p5.js sketches into WordPress pages and posts (Discontinued, use at own risk)
- Embedding p5.js - different ways of including sketches on existing sites or blogs.
- Daniel Shiffman Learning p5.js Vimeo channel - no ads
- Daniel Shiffman Learning p5.js YouTube playlist - has ads
- Kadenze course -- coming soon!
- Envato Tuts+ Course: How to Program Interactive Art With p5.js - register to watch free
- Getting Started with p5.js, Lauren McCarthy, Casey Reas, Ben Fry
- p5.js Programming Guide (in Japanese) p5.jsプログラミングガイド, Kouichi Matsuda, Tetsuo Yutani, Ayana Shiino
- p5.js reference
- p5.js forum
- p5.js tutorials
- p5.js on GitHub
- p5.js CDN
- Getting Started with p5.js - O'Reilly book
- Intro to Visual Programming with p5.js - online video tutorials (free with signup)
- Code School
- A re-introduction to JS by Mozilla
- HTML & CSS book
- Codecademy HTML glossary
- Mozilla Intro to HTML
- Codecademy CSS glossary
- Mozilla Getting Started with CSS
- How to Become a Web Developer: Envato Tuts+ - register to watch free
- Flat Iron School
- Programming Terms and Environments Summary
- A Brief Introduction to Debugging Video Series
- Github student developer pack - includes Digital Ocean $100 credit and more!
- Basic unix commands
- Checking code: JSLint / JSHint / ESLint / StandardJS
- Browser debugging: Chrome Developer Tools (tutorial) / Firebug (tutorial)
- Mobile debugging jsconsole.com
- Sharing code snippets (useful for asking questions via email): gist.github.com