Processing 4.0 alpha 1
Revision 1270 - 18 January 2019
This is a massive update! With the help of Sam Pottinger, we're working to get Processing to run with Java 11. This will give us a more stable platform for the next few years.
In the process, there are also significant updates which include updated Java syntax support and lots of other long-awaited features.
We've started a Changes in 4.0 document to keep track of all the details.
We recommend using a different sketchbook location for 4.0, to avoid confusion with things that might be incompatible with your 3.0 work.
Sam Did a Lot of Work
- This massive pull request has the changes that got things kicked off. It closes several issues and pull requests, including 5750, 5753, 4415, and others.
- ANTLR has been updated from version 2 to version 4. The grammar has been updated for Java 8 and a new pre-processor created. 3054 and 3055
- Support for Travis CI has been added. 2747
- The macOS integration layer has been updated for Java 11. 5747
- Nested generics now work properly. 4514
- Several fixes for the build process. 12, 6
- Update to JNA 5, and migrate code
Native.load()calls. 7, 15
- Fix console font spacing. 19, 20
import static. 18, 5577
- Fixing problems with Windows UI scaling. 21, 30
- Fix display density detection and use
GraphicsConfiguration. 32, 35, 34
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by processing.app.ui.Toolkit to field sun.awt.CGraphicsDevice.scalewarning on startup.
- Replace macOS-specific fullscreen option for
- Several tests have been added, and are called by default during
ant dist. 38, 8
- Update from Java 11.0.2 to 11.0.5, and eventually 11.0.6. 40, 39
- Fix Java 11 incompatibilities inside
Table's use of deprecated
isAccessible(). 33, 3
Other Contributed Fixes
- Disable FBO when using Intel HD 3000 Graphics. 4104, 5881
rotateZ()was breaking in
PShapeOpenGL. 28, 41
Cross-ported from 3.5.4
- This release includes all updates found in Processing 3.5.4
- Only basic updates have been made to remove references to 3.x. 48
- A complete list of issues can be found here
Revisions for Processing 3.x and earlier have been removed. You can find them here.