When running an LDAP query with gfilter, we don't need to fetch "group_attr".
It used to be needed in old version of this code which fetched information for
ALL groups in one query, so it needed an attribute to distinguish groups by.
Now that we query for one group info at a time, we no longer need this.
The same applies to ufilter and the "user_uid" attribute. Moreover this
attribute is not used anywhere else, so I drop parsing and storing of the
"ldap_useruid" configuration parameter completely.
A few configuration parameters are called ldap_memberattr*, but internally in
the module their values are kept in variables/fields called uid*. This
inconsistency requires extra effort to translate in one's mind when writing
and updating documentation.
Rename some fields and variables from uid* to member_attr* to remove this
historical inconsistency. None of these changes are visible to the user or
The module behaviour was modified in several aspects while integrating
upstream, however the documentation was never updated, and still reflected the
This change brings it up to date:
- mentioned the newly added "%u" expansion in rfilter
- correctly describe the caching mechanism
- correctly describe the queries being made - one per entity and not for all
entities at once
- dropped the ldap_useruid since it is no longer used by the module
It also adds some more information and improves consistency, wording and style:
- a short high-level overview of the data model added at the beginning
- made all sections which are logically below "Configuration parameters" into
paragraphs, consistently with the first one. Also added a short introduction
to the paragraphs.
- made sure the various values are constently referred to as "Contact/Group
Display Name" and "contact/group ID" and NOT as various inconsistent
combinations of "human-readable", "user-friendly", "name", "user", "member",
- changed the configuration parameters list to have a consistent style w.r.t.
default values, examples, etc.
- improved the examples for ldap_ufilter/ldap_gfilter
- mentioned all uses of various attributes
- changed the examples for ldap_memberattr and ldap_memberattr_format into