reprepro with multiple versions support
This git repository hosts a branch for reprepro which adds multiple versions support to it. See Debian bug #570623 for details and updates.
The upstream repository can be found on https://salsa.debian.org/brlink/reprepro
The multiple-versions patch set adds following features:
- Add shunit2 based tests (Closes: #857302)
- Support multiple versions. (Closes: #570623)
- Add the commands move, movesrc, movematched, movefilter
- Add Limit and Archive option
The multiple-versions reprepro keeps all package versions in the archive. Set "Limit: 1" to keep only one version per package in the archive to restore the previous behavior.
Database layout changes
The database layout changes from the upstream release to the multiple versions patch set. The difference is as following:
- packages.db maps "package name" to "control file" without duplicates
- no packagenames.db
- packages.db maps "package name|version" to "control file" without duplicates
- packagenames.db maps "package name" to "package name|version" allowing duplicates and duplicates sorted by dpkg --compare-versions descending
The first time the database is opened by reprepro with multiple versions support, the database will be upgraded from the upstream layout to the multiple versions layout. Warning: There is no way back (but could be done with a simple Python script)!