Laptop is a set of scripts to get your laptop set up as a development machine.
Customized from https://github.com/thoughtbot/laptop
First, install XCode from the App Store. Or you can use the OSX GCC Installer
Then, run this one-liner:
bash < <(curl -s https://raw.github.com/prognostikos/laptop/master/mac)
- SSH public keys (for authenticating with services like Github and Heroku)
- Homebrew or apt-get (for managing operating system libraries)
- Ack (for finding things in files)
- Tmux (for saving project state and switching between projects)
- Postgres (for storing relational data)
- ImageMagick (for cropping and resizing images)
- rbenv (for managing versions of the Ruby programming language)
- Ruby 1.9.3 stable (for writing general-purpose code)
- Bundler gem (for managing Ruby libraries)
It should take about 30 minutes for everything to install, depending on your machine.